1. What classes am I able to register for?
Below are the options you can register for. You are only approved to take classes that are a part of your job description. If you are not approved, you will be required to pay out of pocket. Please contact us or Dominican Hospital’s HR for more information.
- Basic Life Support (Classroom) – 4 hours, everything is done in class
- BLS Certification (Skills Sessions) – complete the online portion on your own, beforehand and then come in for a skills check, 1.75 hours for the online portion (once you enroll in a skills check, we will email you the instructions for the online portion), 1.5 hours for the skills check
- ACLS (Update) – includes BLS Certification (Skills Sessions)
- ACLS (Initial) – if this is a new job requirement
- PALS (Update)
- PALS (Initial) – if this is a new job requirement
- NRP MegaCode for Online Exam
2. How do I pay for my classes?
If a course is a part of your job description, than you do not have to pay for it out of pocket. During registration, click on the “Direct Billing” button and then select that you work at Dominican Hospital from the drop down menu. If you are not approved for a class, we will contact you and arrange payment to secure your seat in the class. If you do not hear from us, then you have been approved.
3. How do I register for classes?
Simply register using the above instructions. You will receive a confirmation email immediately following registration. If you have signed up for a course that requires an online access code, you will receive an additional email with the instructions and access code up to 24 hours from the time of registration (or when the office is open next if it is a weekend/holiday).
Please remember that if you do not show up for a class, we will still invoice your institution, meaning you will need to pay out of pocket for any subsequent classes. Our cancellation and reschedule policies apply to all Dominican Hospital employees, so please check those out here. We do make exceptions for extenuating circumstances as we understand things can happen, but we still require notification from the employee.
4. Do I need a book to study?
You will be able to check a book out from either your department at Dominican, Dominican’s medical library (which is in the gift shop), or from the Above Bar CPR library with a deposit. You will get your deposit back when you return the book. Deposit varies based on the book ($20-$60).
5. How do I pay for the online class?
You do not need to pay for the online part. After you register for the skills portion, you will receive an email with the instructions and access code up to 24 hours from the time of registration (or when the office is open next if it is a weekend/holiday). This email with the instructions and access code is not automatic, but if it has been over 24 hours and the office has been open, please contact the office.
6. Why is HeartCode ACLS/PALS online not part of the approved classes?
We currently do not have a contract with Dominican to pay for this, but sometimes they will pay for a portion of it. If you would like to take the class in this format, then you would need to pay the difference. Please contact us for more details BEFORE you enroll in such a class.
7. I am still having trouble finding the class I need.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us in the office at (831) 462-4376 and we would be glad to assist you.