1. What classes am I able to register for?
Below are the class options that you may take if you are an Ocean Grove Charter School student.
- Family & Friends CPR Class – non-certifying CPR class
- Heartsaver CPR AED Class – certifying class, 4 hours in-class course, will cover adult, child and infant CPR and AED use
- Heartsaver First Aid Class – certifying class, 3 hours in-class course, will cover basic first aid for all ages
- Heartsaver First Aid & CPR AED Online/Skills – the only way we offer the 2 classes together, is by having you complete an online module through AHA’s website and then come in for a 2 hours skills check
- Heartsaver CPR AED Online/Skills – complete an online module through AHA’s website and then come in for a 1.5 hours skills check
- Heartsaver First Aid Online/Skills – complete an online module through AHA’s website and then come in for a 0.5 hour skills check
2. How do I pay for my classes?
You will need to request a purchase order (PO) from Ocean Grove Charter School for the specific class, including the price. Their accounting department will then send us the PO number to use when we bill for your class. Please make sure this is taken care of before you attend the class.
3. How do I register for classes?
You can register either online on our calendar or by contacting the office. If you want to register on our website, click on the Calendar button, find the class of your choosing and click Register and then Confirm Registration. As far as payment goes, select that you want to “pay” via Direct Billing. You will then be able to select Ocean Grove Charter from the drop-down menu. Once you are registered, we will contact you to make sure the PO process has been started.
Please remember that if you do not show up for a class, we will still invoice Ocean Grove Charter School, meaning you will need to pay out of pocket for any subsequent classes. Our cancellation and reschedule policies apply to all students, so please check those out here. We do make exceptions for extenuating circumstances as we understand things can happen, but we still require notification from the student.
4. Do I need a book to study?
If you would like to order a book for the class, please include that in your request for a PO to Ocean Grove Charter School. The class costs, including book prices for Ocean Grove Charter School students is outlined below in #6.
5. How do I pay for the online class?
You do not need to pay for the online part. After you register for the skills portion, you will receive an email with the instructions and access code up to 24 hours from the time of registration (or when the office is open next if it is a weekend/holiday). This email with the instructions and access code is not automatic, but if it has been over 24 hours and the office has been open, please contact the office.
6. How much do the classes cost for Ocean Grove Charter School students?
- Family & Friends CPR Class — this is scheduled on an individual basis, so please contact the office for scheduling options
- 2 hours
- $30.00 per student (includes a quick reference guide)
- Heartsaver CPR AED Class
- 4 hours
- $55.00 per student
- Book – $15.00
- Heartsaver First Aid Class
- 3 hours
- $35.00 per student
- Book – $12.00
- Heartsaver First Aid & CPR AED Online/Skills
- Online – 4 hours, $45.00
- Skills – 2 hours, $40.00
- Heartsaver CPR AED Online/Skills
- Online – 1.75 hours, $27.00
- Skills – 1.5 hours, $35.00
- Heartsaver First Aid Online/Skills
- Online – 3.5 hours, $33.00
- Skills – 0.5 hours, $30.00
7. I am still having trouble finding the class I need.
Please email email@example.com or call us in the office at (831) 462-4376 and we would be glad to assist you.